Community Bike Ride – Ride to support mental health and recovery in your community!
The Canadian Mental Health Association, Vancouver Burnaby Branch (CMHA VB) is a leading mental health charity committed to mental health promotion and supporting the recovery of individuals experiencing a mental illness.
The benefits of exercise, having fun with friends and family, and doing something good for your community are well known to promote mental wellness. So, our branch is excited to offer a unique opportunity for novice, seasoned and professional cyclists to join together and do just that.
Join us Sunday, September 6th, 2009 for our first annual community bike ride.
- Fun and scenic route along Vancouver and Burnaby Bike Routes (average rider estimated time 1.5 hours)
- Cool commemorative ride t-shirt for all participants
- Entertainment and Prizes
- Healthy food and snacks for all riders
- An event that will raise money to make a real difference in our community. Trophies and custom ride jackets for Riders that earn pledges totalling more than $500.
Mental illness does not affect a person in isolation. It impacts families, friends, co-workers and our community. In fact, 1 in 5 Canadians will suffer from a mental illness. In Vancouver and Burnaby that is over 161,000 of our family members, friends and neighbours.
- We are riding today to raise awareness and acceptance of those living with mental illness.
- We are riding today because recovery, when the right supports are in place, is possible.
- We are riding today because healthy choices including exercise builds resiliency and promotes positive mental health.
- We are riding today, because cycling is fun and good for us and our environment too.
- We are riding today for us, all of us!